Finding the right technology to suit your business needs can be tricky and it’s vital to choose the correct products for the type of business and sector you’re running or working in.
Whether you’re in need of data analysis or wanting to submit a digital tax return, the way small businesses share information and knowledge, along with how it communicates with customers, is crucial to the development and success of any company.
With 3.7 million employees (2.8 percent of the workforce) now working from home, according to Small Business Trends at least half of the time, home offices need to be designed to nurture productivity and success. Home office gadgets and technology should play an essential role in home office set ups. If they don’t, your working environment may be hampering your success.
- Technology is too expensive – This is probably one of the most important aspects every SME needs to consider before diving in. Is the purchase sustainable in terms of helping the business grow? Is the purchase a necessity or are you falling into the latest trends trap?
- Training – One of the biggest issues facing SME’s when it comes to new technology is who is going to set it up and who can fix it if something goes wrong? Either opt for technology that can easily be operated or consider sending a colleague on a technology course.
- Home office gadgets – Redbull has compiled a list of home office gadgets that help boost productivity. From a Yo-Yo Mini Standing Desk to a Work Flow app that shows work agendas on your smartphone, these gadgets are designed to provide technology at your fingertips – without the cost of an IT department!
- Apprenticeships – Many owners of SME’s cite a ‘skills shortage’ as being one of the biggest problems of running and expanding a business but there are plenty of people out there who are prepared to learn on the job. Consider hiring an apprentice who can bring a whole new set of skills to the table.
- Construction sector Apps: There are plenty ofinnovative solutions for those working in the construction industry and many of these are available on a smartphone. Improve your business by automating, improving, and enhancing company processes.
- Cyber insurance – technology can be an amazing tool but make sure you and your clients’ data is protected before hackers get the chance to compromise it. Having data stolen can cost thousands of pounds and has been known to put people out of business altogether.
Disclaimer: The advice provided here are our own interpretations and opinions. We have tried to simplify the main points to create this article and the information provided is for general informational purposes only. While we try to keep the information up-to-date and correct, there are no representations or warranties, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the information, products, services, or related graphics contained in this eBook for any purpose. Any use of this information is at your own risk.